#AsgardsYule Recipes - CranachanBy Cat
It wouldn’t be Yule at Asgard without our favourite, easy to make dessert, Cranachan.
Vikings didn’t have whisky, but we’re pretty sure that if they did then they’d add it to Cranachan. You can also leave the whisky out if you wish. You can really taste the whisky, so use a good one. We’ll be putting Highland Park in ours this year.
- 6 tablespoons porridge oats
- 150ml whipping cream
- 6 tablespoons Scottish honey, divided
- 4 tablespoons whisky, divided
- 1 punnet of fresh raspberries
- Toast the oats in a hot dry pan over medium heat until browned and fragrant. Leave to cool.
- Mix five tablespoons of honey and 2 tablespoons of the whisky into the cream and whip until thick but still floppy.
- Mix the rest of the honey and whisky into the oats. Layer the oat mixture, cream and raspberries into shallow individual bowls. Decorate with a little oatmeal and one raspberry. Serve chilled.